This article will suggest various programming languages and the best practices that you can follow when building applications and securing your software development company or other business by using different security tools.
What Is Security?
Security is a term that can have a number of different meanings, depending on the context. Here are some definitions that will help you understand what security means in relation to software development company and how to better protect your company.
1. Security Maintains the integrity of data.
2. Security Prevents unauthorized access to computer files and systems.
3. Security Makes sure that only those authorized can log on to the computer system and use it.
4. Security Ensures that all physical security at a software development company is maintained. For example, making sure that doors, windows, and firewalls are properly secured, and ensuring that other risks have been mitigated like leaving filing cabinets unlocked or alarms disabled during working hours etc., to help keep security personnel out of places they are not supposed to be in order for them to keep an eye out for security issues like people going through files or someone coming up behind the security guard as he makes his rounds etc.
General Security Concepts
1. Protect your business by securely storing user credentials or any other data that you do not want to be made available to malicious parties.
2. Keep the user credentials encrypted during transit, between client and server, or both if possible.
3. Use session IDs instead of simple cookies to keep track of logged in users on your website(s) – this makes it impossible for an attacker to hijack sessions if they managed to get a hold of someone’s cookie/session ID.
4. Ensure that your applications and connected services have a tight handling of session IDs or use some other mechanism for tracking users.
5. Ensure that your application is not vulnerable to SQL injection or any other forms of security breach.
How Best to Secure Your Software Development Company
Security is a common concern and you need to write about it and what are the best practices when it comes to securing your software development company. You will also need give examples of how your business was affected by security issues.
Software development and securing your business starts with choosing the right programming language for building your application. There are various languages that you can choose from Microsoft Visual Basic (VBA), Microsoft Visual C#, Adobe Flash, Java, MySQL etc.
The major security measure that you should undertake on your software development projects is to ensure that you are using strong anti-virus packages and firewall software to protect your infrastructure from outside threats. It is also necessary to use strong security configuration like enabling remote control, local administrator account and auditing.
There are also various security tools that you can use to enhance your software development company’s safety and productivity. For instance, you can use a firewall with anti-spam, anti-virus and intrusion detection capabilities.
You could also use an advanced security tool like a content security scanner which can at the same time scan your code and suggest potential flaws that could be used by hackers to break into your system.
Intrusion Prevention System
A tool called an ‘Intrusion Prevention System’ can also help you keep away from hackers by blocking suspicious connections and packets. However, we do not recommend that you install these systems on a production server because they consume a lot of resources without doing anything. You may also be caught with unexpected problems after implementing such systems on your server and it is not my recommendation as well.
You can also enhance your software development company’s safety and security with a ‘Firewall’ which is a computer system that filters and allows or disallows certain connection requests. This prevents unauthorized access to your server and data including packet grooming and probing.
Secure Your Software Development Company With Encryption Software
‘Encryption Software’ can be used to protect your software development company’s data from being accessed by hackers who want to steal your vital information. This type of software is known as cryptography and it uses various algorithms to encrypt and decrypt data.
You can also use a tool called ‘Anti-Virus Software’ that scans inbound and outbound traffic for viruses and other malicious code. You can also use another type of software called ‘Intrusion Detection System’ (IDS) that searches for malicious programs like Trojan horses, rootkits, worms, spyware etc. These programs continuously monitor incoming and outgoing network packets for suspicious activity thereby protecting your company from hackers.
The best practice when it comes to securing your company’s software development projects is to change your shared passwords on a regular basis. You can also use complex passwords that are difficult to guess thereby protecting yourself from hackers.
When you are developing applications, you could use ‘Two Factor Authentication’ by using a public key and private key thereby preventing your networks from being breached.
Security is very important and you have to ensure that you do not lose data during the development process. Security starts at the application stage and continues even after the application has been deployed on production servers. You can secure your business by following the above-mentioned steps for implementing security software in your system.